May your heart be full of thanks and giving!
But now, let’s talk about our CHRISTAMAS FUNDRAISER:
This year we are trying a few different fundraisers: the first of these is a Christmas Fundraiser selling Wreaths and Poinsettias. You will receive more information both by email and in your student’s cubby encouraging you to purchase beautiful Poinsettias, grown locally at Pleasant Valley Nursery, and live wreaths made of local greenery also by Pleasant Valley Nursery. Please consider whether you have friends or family members who might also want to purchase on your order form. Or perhaps you have parents or grandparents you wish to give a meaningful gift to. Orders must be placed and paid for as soon as possible. The deadline is noon of Monday November 6th. Order forms will be sent under separate email and also put in your cubbies. Poinsettias and Wreaths will then be delivered to the school on Friday, December 1, for you to pick up between 3 and 7pm. Profits will go to school improvements.
We will be closed for the holidays on the following days:
- Thursday 11/23 – Friday 11/24: Closed for Thanksgiving
- Monday 12/25 and Tuesday 12/26: Closed for Christmas – since Christmas Eve day is on Sunday and Christmas is on a Monday this year
- Monday 1/1: Closed for New Year’s Day
As winter weather approaches, please be aware that we follow the Portland Public School District’s decisions regarding weather-related closures, and our school voicemail will be updated to notify you of these changes. If PPS calls for a 2 hour delay, Sunshine School will open at 9 am. In case of inclement weather during a PPS closure day, such as during Christmas break, we will change the school voicemail to notify you of any closures. You are encouraged to call the school to check the voicemail if you are unsure whether Sunshine School will remain open.
Directories are now available. Our Sunshine School & Sprout 2017-2018 Family Directories are now available. Please stop by the office and pick one up from the basket. We will not be sending them electronically.
Mark your calendar for a few special events in the next few weeks:
- Treehouse Harvest Party is this Friday October 27, 6-8 pm. This event is hosted by Treehouse Ministries of Trinity Fellowship. This is an evening of fun for the whole family. Kids should come in costume, and there will be carnival games and prizes. We hope to see you there!
- Fall Fun Day is on Friday, October 28. Preschool students will have a morning of autumn themed games, snacks, books and crafts (10:00am-11:30am).
- Halloween, Tuesday October 31. Your students may bring a costume to put on after nap!
- Daylight Savings ends on Sunday 11/5: don’t forget to turn your clock back one hour!
- Blue Day, Monday, November 6. Have your student dress in something blue!
- Thursday and Friday, 11/23-24. We are closed for Thanksgiving.
- Green Day, Tuesday, November 28. Have your student dress in something green!
- Our preschool Christmas Program is scheduled for Thursday, December 7 at 6:30 pm. Soon, our preschool students will begin rehearsing Christmas carols to perform on stage at this family event. Mark your calendar now for a fun holiday evening!
As always, please let our office know if there’s anything we can do to better serve your student or your family.