We hope you are looking forward to Christmas.
During the Christmas season, we will be closed on Monday 12/25 and Tuesday 12/26 for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as well as on Monday 1/1 for New Year’s Day. If you pay a part-time daily rate, you will not be charged for these closure days. If you pay a full-time monthly rate, you are welcome to apply vacation credits toward these closure days. To apply these or any other vacation credits, please email us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to make these changes for you. We have posted a holiday attendance sheet for each preschool class on the hallway wall so that you can report your student’s planned holiday attendance. Infants and Wobblers have their sheets in their classrooms. Please take the time to complete this; it is a big help to us as we plan holiday staffing.
WREATH AND POINSETTIA PICK-UP: If you ordered a wreath or poinsettia, they will be available for pick-up in the Lunch Room this Friday, the 1st from 3pm-7pm! What a perfect way to kick-off the Christmas season!
Our annual Preschool Christmas Program is on Thursday, December 7th at 6:30 pm. All of our preschool students are practicing their Christmas songs to sing on stage together at this event. We encourage you to bring your student to participate and to invite friends and family to enjoy the program with you! Please have students in their classrooms by 6:15 pm on the evening of the program. We emailed a pdf file to you two weeks including the song list and the lyrics. If you need an additional copy please email your request.
Immunization Information. We are just starting to do our check on immunizations for this year. We will be comparing what you turned in to us to what is required and letting you know what might need updating. We are hoping to complete this first step over the next several weeks.
It’s getting cold outside, and we take our students outside to play every day as long as it isn’t raining. Be sure to send your child with a warm coat, as well as appropriate shoes and even mittens and a hat. We make it a priority to get outside, even if it is cold, and we want to ensure that your student is comfortable.
Inclement Weather Reminder. We always follow PPS when it comes to weather related closures. If they are closed, we will be as well. If they call for a 2-hour late start, we will open at 9am. We will always change the Sunshine School voicemail to reflect these changes, so you can call if you are unsure.
Mark your calendar for a few special events in December:
- December 1, Friday. Pick up your preordered Wreaths and Poinsettia’s in the Lunch Room from 3-7pm.
- December 7, Thursday. Preschool Christmas Program. Preschool students should be in their classrooms by 6:15. The program is scheduled to start at 6:30 pm. Beverages and treats will be served afterward.
- December 15, Friday. Christmas Craft Night, 630-8pm. Treehouse Ministries is sponsoring this fun family event making crafts and enjoying refreshments.
- December 25,26, Monday & Tuesday. Merry Christmas! Sunshine School is closed.
- December 28, Thursday. Gold & Silver Day. We encourage you to dress your students in gold and/or silver colors for the day!
- January 1, Monday. Happy New Year! Sunshine School is closed.
As always, please contact us in the office if there is anything we can do to better serve your student or your family. Enjoy the season!